The Value of Intra-Company Logistics
Intra-company logistics transforms transportation from a cost center into a strategic asset. This allows you to re-assign the same dollars you are spending today (and often less due to the elimination of extraneous routes and fragmented service) to a new, better-designed, systematic transportation operation. The result: You begin leveraging transportation to generate returns of 10 to 50 percent of spend.
- Efficient routing decreases time, miles and cost
- Operational robustness (people, technology and process) improves chain of custody and business process integration
- Costs for technology investments, capital expenditures and more are avoided
- Sustainability initiatives are supported by reducing miles, fuel, paper, etc.
- The timely delivery of materials needed for better patient care results in more satisfaction and increased productivity among clinicians and staff
- Fewer errors and higher quality service improve the patient experience and care
- Risk and liability are reduced
- Having a reliable network eliminates the need for clinicians to hoard supplies, overuse service, etc.
- Creates a more nimble, flexible organization with the agility and scalability to accommodate future growth
- Improves your organization’s focus on care delivery
- Reduces/controls operating costs
- Provides access to best practice intra-company logistics